|Totally wicked point. Who did your highlights?|
|—Poppy O'Hair to Cerise Hood "Poppy the Roybel"|
Poppy O'Hair is the twin sister of Holly O'Hair and daughter of Rapunzel from the fairy tale of the same name. She was introduced in 2013 as an all-around character. By a mistake in the registry office, Poppy thought she was the younger twin and she was very happy with that because she doesn't want to be tied down by fate. However; Poppy and Holly learn that it is really Holly who is the younger twin making Poppy the oldest and the one expected to be the "next Rapunzel" and not her, and that their birth certificates were switched when they were born making Poppy and Holly more confused. For some reasons, Poppy is always determined to follow her on path of her destiny and she doesn't want to take the title of "next Rapunzel" since she knows how much it means to her sister, Holly. Because of this; she is a Rebel by default, as she stands freedom and open choices in life (yet she claims she stands in both sides).
In English, she is voiced by Lindsay Ames.
In Latin American Spanish, she is voiced by Leyla Rangel.
Poppy loves styling and taking care of hair and has a reputation as the best stylist in town. As described by her sister, she enjoys taking "short cuts". Even so, she is a free-thinker who is very innovative. As a unique individualist, Poppy does not take likely orders from anyone and would much rather walk to the beat of her own drum. She also has a good sense of fashion.
Poppy's naturally auburn hair is cut short, and half is dyed purple on the right side. Poppy is into purple and pink and her accessories take that shape of hair care products, most often scissors and braids. She also likes to include shoals or scarf's that she collects in her regular fashion. Having no status as a fairy tale princess and not being interested in it either, Poppy favors simple clothes that do not draw attention and leaves the royal-style jewelry like tiaras to Holly. Poppy has blue-cyan-green colored eyes like her sister and dark pink lips.
Poppy's time after school hours is invested as a hairstylist in Book End. Poppy considers hair styling an art form to her, an art which she excels at.
- Main article: Rapunzel
Poppy is one of Rapunzel's daughters and also one of her sorcerer's daughters. Her twin sister, Holly O'Hair, will become the next Rapunzel because it was thought that she was born first. It is known these days within the O'Hair household that Poppy is actually the older twin, but since no one else knows and the twins are happy with their respective paths, the truth is kept secret. Nona is the twins' nanny.
The O'Hair twins share a close bond with each other. Aside from Holly, Poppy is also close with Ashlynn, who she hangs out with after-hours with their jobs in Book End. In Truth or Hair, she has been seen talking with Sparrow Hood and he is probably considered to be one of her friends.
She has a squirrel monkey named Barber who is often as energetic and creative as her.
Sparrow Hood has caught Poppy's eye, but she wishes he'd be less arrogant by stopping singing songs about "how great he thinks he is" as Poppy quotes. But in Truth or Hair, she said she doesn't have a crush on him.
Holly and Poppy are named after plants, just like their mother. Their mother, Rapunzel, is the name of an herb. Holly is the name of a plant, while Poppy is the name of a flower.
- February 07, 2013: Mattel requests the trademark for Poppy O'Hair.
- Early July, 2013: Poppy O'Hair makes her diary debut in Apple's 'Signature - Royals' diary.
- October 08, 2013: Poppy O'Hair makes her book debut in The Storybook of Legends.
- February 04, 2014: Poppy O'Hair makes her cartoon debut in "True Hearts Day Part 2".
- April 17, 2014: A photo of Poppy O'Hair's doll is available in the Mattel Catalogue. The link between her name and appearance is officially confirmed.
- Mid May, 2014: Poppy O'Hair's profile art is revealed on the back of 'Signature - Royals' Dexter Charming's box.
- Late May, 2014: Poppy O'Hair's first doll is released as part of the 'Signature - Rebels' series.
- May 27, 2014: Poppy O'Hair's profile is published on the Ever After High website.
- Poppy is left-handed while Holly is right-handed as they are mirror image twins.
- Poppy's birthday, of course like her twin sister, is June 19th, and her Zodiac Sign is Gemini, the sign of the twins.
- "Bog Bash"